TAP ARCHITECTURE © 2017
TAP ARCHITECTURE has designed an award-winning conversion of the Wiley Post Building into the Oklahoma Judicial Center. The Solomon Layton Hicks facility, originally built in 1929 for the Oklahoma Historical Society, is on the National Register of Historic Places.
One of the most important projects in the State’s past half century, the facility includes 68,156 square feet of renovation and 77,362 square feet of new space on the 20-acre Capitol Park site.
The restoration retained original finishes and architectural elements and match the material and detail of the original in the new work, while the exterior design seeks to find an appropriate relationship between the historical and the new.
Opened in 2011, The Oklahoma Judicial Center become the new home for the Supreme Court of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals.
Project: Oklahoma Judicial Center
Location: Oklahoma City
Client: State of Oklahoma
Construction Cost: $35 Million
Type: Historic Rehabilitation, New Construction, Space Planning, Interior Design
Site: State Capital Complex
Size: 145,518 square feet